THINGS TO DO WHILE VISITING SAN FRANCISCO

This summer, I stayed in Gainesville to take classes and get ahead on my schoolwork. I'm on the news track for my college which is Journalism and Communications and I was taking a radio class all summer, therefore my traveling life had to go on pause.

I wasn't able to travel that much, but I did get to visit San Francisco, California and Nashville, Tennessee. I had such an amazing time in both places and am excited to share some photos along with some of the fun activities I did and of course the places I ate.

For the California trip, I had an itinerary planned out with everything I was planning on doing and where I was going to go.

I am going to make a separate blog post for Nashville because we have a lot of ground to cover.

For the California trip, we made it a week long and went to a lot of places that I highly recommend.

For starters, we checked into our hotel and stayed in a Marriott right across from the stadium where the Giants play. Taylor Swift was also performing there that weekend and we had no idea until we were enjoying a chilled glass of wine on the patio of our room and had a great view of the performance.

The next day we went to a few shops and let me tell you, San Fransisco hands-down has the best stores. We went to the Nordstrom in the San Fran mall and I'm pretty sure it had the best and newest items, but we also checked out some really cool boutiques. We visited this one family-owned boutique called Modern Appeal clothing and it has the most fashionable and trendy clothing along with great accessories.

Not only did we get a few things there, we also went to an amazing shoe store called Freda Salvador where we SPLURGED on amazing booties, wedged sandals and heels. It was definitely the most therapeutic part of the week.

The restaurants we went to for dinner were so amazing! We drove to Palo Alto just for the meal. We ate at a restaurant named Reposado. The food was to die for and the wait staff was extremely tentative and friendly. They had the BEST ceviche... it was served with dried banana chips and was so tangy and fresh. For the main course, I ordered the Camarones a la Diabla and they were so filling, yet so flavorful. I highly recommend that be your order when you visit.

We also did a lot of sight seeing. We drove over to the Golden Gate Bridge and took pictures there. We also had lunch on the hill in front of the "Full House" home and it was so nostalgic.

I think the most interesting thing we did while we were there was visit Alcatraz. When we arrived to the base, it was all so real. I took an audio tour and walked through the property. I went into Al Capone's cell where I was able to see where people had escaped, it was so interesting. I thought it was extremely educational and I recommend going to see this. It is truly historical.

All in all, San Francisco was a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to going back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABOUT ME

Important things to bring on a camping trip!!

Inspiration